I have a small illness that requires I take photos of flowers. Thank goodness for Instagram, but then what? I have loads and I'm not a particularly good photographer, more enthusiastic than talented. But a few are nice so I thought I'd repurpose them into #Thursday13.
1) Here's a clematis from my very own garden
2) I stole into my neighbor's garden for this one.
3) This is the orange/yellow azalea you can see behind the pink one above. I must know their secret.
4) Although I didn't do too badly with this rhodo from our garden. Dumb luck. The previous owners planted it on top of a sprinkler so it does pretty well in the conditions of gross neglect that I provide.
5) I never got the name on this. It's on a summer property at the bottom of our street. Smells fantastic in the evenings.
6) This one was from 'Laura's Garden' on a recent visit to the Laura plantation outside of New Orleans in Louisiana. Not sure what these are called, but they're stunning, right?
7) And I do declare, I had to get some magnolia blossoms. (Also fabulously scented.)
8) My Mother's Day bouquet, thanks to MrC.
9) These were the roses my chapter-mates at RWA-GVC sent me when I got The Call (my first publishing contract.)
10) Speaking of mother's, this photo was taken on my mother-in-law's birthday. Who doesn't love violets?
11) Going back to our family trip to Disney World and Epcot a few years ago. This display was so welcome to Canadians in the middle of February.
12) Periwinkle! So hardy and cute.
13) Another welcome respite from snow when I visited Burlington in October one year.
That is all. Cheers.