Be sure to scroll down for links to excerpts on my blog from my other summer titles and information on how to win a signed copy of my print books.
For #Thursday13, I've been doing thirteen sentences from this novella. Here are the links to previous:
Now we get a taste of the power struggle between Gwen and Hayes:
~ * ~
His mouth, dear God that erotic mouth with the stern peaks on his upper lip and the wide thick line of his lower, shortened at this moment into a statement of dictatorship.
He almost always treated her like this, like he was one of the many arrogant, titled SOBs who ran her life, only occasionally softening into something that was so warm and melting and dangerous, she refused to dwell on it.
‘I can do what I like,’ she scoffed, saying exactly what she always wanted to say to all those aristocrats and traditionalists. She walked past him into the room, deliberately leaving her case in the hall.
She liked to do that sometimes, treat him like a stable hand. When she wanted to provoke him. After the hellish week she’d had, she was looking for not just a fight, but a war.
He released the door and let it slam shut without retrieving the case.
Her stomach plummeted in dread. Wrong day to take this stand. Her whole life was in that case at the moment. Not just new toys, but a personal item she’d retrieved from her anonymous post box here in London. She hadn’t had the nerve to open it, but she hadn’t felt comfortable leaving it in the boot of her car either.
~ * ~
If you like my excerpts, please check out:
- Book Blurbs - for all five of my summer titles
- #SampleSunday - An Heir To Bind Them - Six consecutive excerpts from my June Harlequin Presents. Post includes links to the previous five.
- #SampleSunday - The Ultimate Seduction - fourth instalment, includes links to previous. Two more to go!
- Mastering Her Role #TeaserTuesday - Fifth and last instalment, includes links to previous. Watch for a new series to start this Tuesday from Playing The Master
The Dani Collins Masked Desires Contest is closing in on four hundred entries. Please share with your friends!
Read the rules for the Dani Collins Masked Desires Contest then enter here:
Some upcoming guest blogs:
- July 14 - Harlequin Blog
- July #TemptationThursday - Caribbean Accent Book Reviews
- July 15 - Caribbean Accent Book Reviews (The Ultimate Seduction)
- July 31 - The Reading Cafe
These other fine retailers have my books too:
Have a great evening! Friday is almost here :)